What is ERK you ask? Essentials of Rotary Knowledge. These courses are designed for those Rotary members who want to improve their knowledge about Rotary and how they might use this to become better members. This training will be invaluable for new members as well as those who will serve as future club leaders.
Each instructor is experienced in their respective subject and will offer personal interaction with every participant. The course is computer based and will be segmented into two sections, ERK 1, focusing on each of the Five Avenues of Service, and ERK 2, covering other interesting subjects which are listed below.
This year we modified the course structure based upon feedback from last year’s participants. Everyone can work at their own pace and can chose to participate in either module as it does not matter which Segment (1 or 2) you elect. If you want to take both ERK 1 and ERK 2 in the same Rotary Year, although it is not necessary, each segment is intended to be slightly less than 4 months.
Rotarians will be able to access all course materials on line through on this web site. The materials consist of easy to follow log in instructions, reference materials to read and short quizzes that you will need to email to your instructor.
ERK 1 consists of the following modules:
- Club Service
- Community Service
- Vocational Service
- New Generations
- International Service
ERK 2 consists of the following modules:
- History of Rotary International
- Organization of Rotary International and District 5100
- The Rotary Foundation (TRF)
- Membership Development and Retention
Requirements. You must have:
- Access to a computer as all the work in this course is done on a computer. You can do your work at home, at work or anywhere you can access the district web site.
- An email account. This is used to communicate with instructors and to turn in completed assignments. You cannot set your district account to opt-out of email messages since then you cannot receive emails sent to the entire class.
- Access to your account on the District DaCdb web site in order to register for the course. You can setup your account by clicking on Login from the district home page isrotaryforyou.org. Your username is your email address. Your password (until you change it) is your Rotary identification number which is listed on the mailing label of your Rotary magazine. Your club secretary will also know it. Once you have logged on, click on the Calendar tab and scroll down until you come to the listing for the ERK course. Click on the words Register Now. You can pay with a credit card or send in a check with the provided form.
The following software programs to do your course work:
- MS-Word to read and write .doc files.
- Adobe Reader to read .pdf files. You can download this free program from http://get.adobe.com/reader/
- PowerPoint program or Viewer to view .ppt files. The PowerPoint Viewer is free. You can download it from http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
- The estimated time to complete each module is 3 hours. The amount of time it takes to complete a module varies from person to person and depends on your previous knowledge.
- Pay a $20.00 registration fee for each ERK segment or you can register for ERK 1 and ERK 2 to take throughout the Rotary Year and pay a $40 registration fee. Applications will be available on-line.
Any questions can be directed to:
Claudia P. Yakos: (503) 720-8133 email@example.com
Rotary Club of Forest Grove
Michael D. Yakos: (503) 702-5843 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Rotary Club of Forest Grove
Are you ready to start?Let’s go